Kalamazoo College Hutments

dc.contributor.authorSchiavone Studioen_US
dc.coverage.temporal1950-1959en_US
dc.date.accessioned2009-08-28T22:23:13Z
dc.date.available2009-08-28T22:23:13Z
dc.date.issued2009-08-28T22:23:13Z
dc.description.abstractKalamazoo College's "hutments" in the early 1950s. This photograph shows a row of former Army barracks that were moved to the campus area in 1946 to accommodate veterans attending school and their families. Those in this photograph were located near the corner of Academy Street and West Michigan Avenue, and there were several others in the 1600 and 1700 blocks of West Michigan Avenue. The government gave the hutments to the College in 1948, and those shown here were removed in about 1953. The Stetson Chapel tower is in the background. This photograph was taken by J. D. Schiavone, but the negative number and exact date were not noted.en_US
dc.identifier.otherC26.01.10en_US
dc.identifier.urihttp://hdl.handle.net/10920/10124
dc.publisherKalamazoo Collegeen_US
dc.relation.ispartofKalamazoo College Archives Photograph Collectionen_US
dc.rightsU.S. copyright laws protect this digital image. Commercial use or distribution of the image is not permitted without prior written permission of the copyright holder.en_US
dc.subject.lcshKalamazoo College. Married Student Housingen_US
dc.titleKalamazoo College Hutmentsen_US
dc.typeImageen_US
Files
Original bundle
Now showing 1 - 2 of 2
Loading...
Thumbnail Image
Name:
C26_01_10.jpg
Size:
262.18 KB
Format:
Joint Photographic Experts Group/JPEG File Interchange Format (JFIF)
Description:
JPEG
No Thumbnail Available
Name:
C26_01_10.tif
Size:
49.77 MB
Format:
Tag Image File Format
Description:
High resolution TIFF