Kalamazoo College Hutments

Loading...
Thumbnail Image
Authors
Schiavone Studio
Issue Date
2009-08-28T22:23:13Z
Type
Image
Language
Keywords
Research Projects
Organizational Units
Journal Issue
Alternative Title
Abstract
Kalamazoo College's "hutments" in the early 1950s. This photograph shows a row of former Army barracks that were moved to the campus area in 1946 to accommodate veterans attending school and their families. Those in this photograph were located near the corner of Academy Street and West Michigan Avenue, and there were several others in the 1600 and 1700 blocks of West Michigan Avenue. The government gave the hutments to the College in 1948, and those shown here were removed in about 1953. The Stetson Chapel tower is in the background. This photograph was taken by J. D. Schiavone, but the negative number and exact date were not noted.
Description
Citation
Publisher
Kalamazoo College
License
U.S. copyright laws protect this digital image. Commercial use or distribution of the image is not permitted without prior written permission of the copyright holder.
Journal
Volume
Issue
PubMed ID
DOI
ISSN
EISSN