Kalamazoo College Bowen Hall Science Laboratory
Morgan, Ward C.
MetadataShow full item record
A science laboratory in Bowen Hall. The campus quadrangle can be seen out the windows, so this photograph may have been taken in a room at the northwest corner, likely on the second floor, as other floors had bay windows. The photograph was taken by the Ward C. Morgan Studio in 1950 (Negative no. 4422-7). Students at the table on the right side of the photograph are wearing freshman beanies, or "pots," which were green felt and had nametags pinned to them. The instructor of this biology lab, in the white lab coat, was H. Lewis Batts, who taught in the biology department from 1950 to 1977. According to Ward Morgan records, this photograph was taken for publicity purposes.
Showing items related by title, author, creator and subject.
Beecher-Kymer & Patterson, Kalamazoo, Mich. (Kalamazoo College, ca. 1902)Color postcard of Bowen Hall, Kalamazoo College. The card is postmarked, but the date is unreadable.
Kalamazoo College ()This image shows Bowen Hall from the Quad. In the background at right is one of the additions to Welles Hall. Bowen Hall was built in 1902 and demolished in 1968. Photographed by CPI (Negative no. 1718-5).