Kalamazoo College's Harmon Hall Lounge
Morgan, Ward C.
MetadataShow full item record
The lounge in Kalamazoo College's Harmon Hall, which is located along Academy Street between the Anderson Athletic Center and Olds-Upton Science Hall. Designed by Aymar Embury, Harmon Hall opened in September 1947. It housed 125 upperclassmen, although because of a slight downturn in enrollment, it was not fully occupied for the first eight years. It was named for Claude M. Harmon, chairman of the Board of Trustees from 1919 to 1938. According to Ward Morgan records, the photograph was taken in 1950. It is negative no. 4143-3.
Showing items related by title, author, creator and subject.
Schiavone Studio (Kalamazoo College, 1948-10)Claude Harmon, Chairman of the Board of Trustees from 1919 to 1938, is greeted by George K. Ferguson '13, chairman of the Board of Trustees, and Dr. Allen B. Stowe '20, chairman of the college's three-man administrative ...
Unknown author (Kalamazoo College, 1948-10-16)Dedication program for the formal opening of Kalamazoo College's Harmon Hall, honoring Claude M. Harmon, on Homecoming Day, October 16, 1948.