Kalamazoo College Site of President's House
MetadataShow full item record
The northwest corner of the Kalamazoo College campus, at Academy and Monroe streets. An unidentified man stands near fencing amid several trees. The caption on this photograph reads "This is the site of the president's house on the north-west corner of the campus. In the early days this was probably the burial place of children of the faculty. Later the remains were moved to some other place." And "Gone but not forgotten." The president's house was built on this property by President Allan Hoben in 1924, in keeping with his theory that the campus should be a close-knit community. It later became known as the L. Lee Stryker Center. The photographer and date are unknown.
Showing items related by title, author, creator and subject.
Unknown (1930)A photographic postcard signed by Kalamazoo College President Allan Hoben. The building is labelled on the back of the postcard as the President's House. The image presumably shows the back elevation of the house, ca 1930.