Kalamazoo College Gaynor Club
MetadataShow full item record
A picture postcard of the Kalamazoo College Gaynor Club, the female version of the college Glee Club, sometime around 1910. The Gaynor Club was begun in the fall of 1907 by Miss Bertha Hussey, who was then the preceptress at Ladies' Hall. She chose Ruth Wheaton Johnson to be the first director, and the name Gaynor Club came from the songwriter Mrs. Jessie Lovel Gaynor, whose songs were then popular. The women pictured, the date of the photograph, and the photographer are not identified.
Showing items related by title, author, creator and subject.
Unknown (Kalamazoo College, 1931)The Kalamazoo College Gaynor Club, 1931-1932 school year. Mrs. Sylvia Alford Belden was the director, and during the year the "Messiah"was the group's largest offering, in collaboration with other musical groups throughout ...