MetadataShow full item record
Kalamazoo College's Lower Hall. Located on the corner of South Street and Michigan Avenue, the cornerstone of Lower Hall (also known as Kalamazoo Hall) was laid on August 28, 1857. The building was completed in 1859. The original structure featured towers on the north and south ends of the building; one was torn down in 1877. Until the completion of Bowen Hall in 1902, Lower Hall was the main classroom building for Kalamazoo College. After classes moved to Bowen Hall, the building was used for the College's Preparatory Department and for the Eurodelphian Society (the women's literary society). The building was torn down in 1907 and the property sold shortly after for $25,000. Half of the money went to current operating expenses, and the other half for repairs for the men's dormitory (Upper Hall) and the erection of a gymnasium. The photographer and date are unknown, although the photo was likely taken after 1877 because the south tower is not visible.
Showing items related by title, author, creator and subject.
A Spectrographic Analysis of Materials Extracted from the Waste Waters of Kalamazoo by the Kalamazoo Water Treatment Plant Huff, David (1976)This paper is concerned with the techniques and procedure for doing a complete spectrographic analysis. It was necessary to supplement the actual analysis with a short discussion on basic quantum theory, as well as a ...