The Gaynor Club was founded in the fall of 1907 by Miss Bertha Hussey, who was then the preceptress at Ladies' Hall. She chose Ruth Wheaton Johnson to be the first director, and the name Gaynor Club came from the songwriter Mrs. Jessie Lovel Gaynor, whose songs were then popular.
All materials in the Kalamazoo College Digital Archive are subject to Title 17 of the U.S. Code.
(Kalamazoo College, 1931)The Kalamazoo College Gaynor Club, 1931-1932 school year. Mrs. Sylvia Alford Belden was the director, and during the year the "Messiah"was the group's largest offering, in collaboration with other musical groups throughout ...
(Kalamazoo College, 2009-08-28)A picture postcard of the Kalamazoo College Gaynor Club, the female version of the college Glee Club, sometime around 1910. The Gaynor Club was begun in the fall of 1907 by Miss Bertha Hussey, who was then the preceptress ...