Kalamazoo College's Louis Calder Fieldhouse was named for donor Louis S. Calder of New York City, a paper industry executive who had established a foundation in 1951 for educational purposes. The fieldhouse was completed in the spring of 1958, just east of Angell Field. The architect was Kingscott and Associates of Kalamazoo. The fieldhouse was added on to in 1966. It was built to house dressing rooms, physical therapy space, and storage areas.

Recent Submissions

  • Calder Fieldhouse Locker Room 

    Unknown author (Kalamazoo College, 1981)
    Coach Rolla Anderson in the locker room at Calder Fieldhouse in 1981.
  • Physical Therapy Room 

    Unknown author (Kalamazoo College, 1981)
    Coach Rolla Anderson with students in the Physical Therapy Room at Calder Fieldhouse.
  • Wrestling at Calder Fieldhouse 

    Unknown author (Kalamazoo College, 1981)
    Coach Rolla Anderson stands alongside two wrestlers in the Calder Fieldhouse in 1981.
  • Rolla Anderson at Calder Fieldhouse 

    Unknown author (Kalamazoo College, 1981)
    Coach Rolla Anderson standing outside of Calder Fieldhouse in 1981.
  • Calder Fieldhouse Women's Locker Room 

    Kingscott and Associates, Louis C. (Kalamazoo College, 1958)
    The women's locker room in Calder Fieldhouse as it appeared in 1958.
  • Calder Fieldhouse Men's Locker Room 

    Unknown author (Kalamazoo College, 1958)
    The men's locker room in Calder Fieldhouse as it looked in 1958.
  • Dedication of Louis S. Calder Field House 

    Unknown author (Kalamazoo College, 1958-05-17)
    The dedication program for the Louis S. Calder Field House on May 17, 1958.
  • Kalamazoo College Calder Fieldhouse 

    Unknown (Kalamazoo College, 1958)
    Kalamazoo College's Louis Calder Fieldhouse. The fieldhouse was named for donor Louis S. Calder of New York City, a paper industry executive who had established a foundation in 1951 for educational purposes. The fieldhouse ...