In 1959 Kalamazoo College was deeded a home from the family of Herbert Humphrey, a local industrialist. The large Tudor-style home located on Academy Street at Acker Lane (formerly Carmel Street), sits on property just south of Stowe Tennis Stadium. At first, it was used as additional dormitory space, then becoming home to the English, Philosophy, Religion and Classics Departments. The small carriage house behind it was part of the original Humphrey property.

Recent Submissions