Show simple item record

dc.contributor.authorUnknownen_US
dc.coverage.temporal1970-1979en_US
dc.date.accessioned2009-08-28T22:23:48Z
dc.date.available2009-08-28T22:23:48Z
dc.date.issued1978en_US
dc.identifier.otherC34.01.07ben_US
dc.identifier.urihttp://hdl.handle.net/10920/10128
dc.description.abstractThe original President's House at Kalamazoo College, 1978. Believing that the President's house should be an integral part of the campus, Allan Hoben built his home on the corner of Academy and Monroe streets in 1924 out of his own funds. He was later reimbursed by the College. All Kalamazoo College presidents from Hoben through Weimer K. Hicks lived there. This was the first of many buildings on campus designed by Aymar Embury. In October 1978, the L. Lee Stryker Center moved into the renovated building and in 1985, a 3000-square-foot addition, named in honor of Burton Upjohn, was built. The photographer is unknown.en_US
dc.publisherKalamazoo Collegeen_US
dc.relation.ispartofKalamazoo College Archives Photograph Collectionen_US
dc.rightsU.S. copyright laws protect this digital image. Commercial use or distribution of the image is not permitted without prior written permission of the copyright holder.en_US
dc.subjectFacilities - President's Houseen_US
dc.subject.lcshKalamazoo College -- Facilitiesen_US
dc.subject.lcshKalamazoo College. President's Houseen_US
dc.titleKalamazoo College President's Houseen_US
dc.typeImageen_US


Files in this item

Thumbnail
Thumbnail

This item appears in the following Collection(s)

Show simple item record