Kalamazoo College President's House
MetadataShow full item record
The original President's House at Kalamazoo College, 1978. Believing that the President's house should be an integral part of the campus, Allan Hoben built his home on the corner of Academy and Monroe streets in 1924 out of his own funds. He was later reimbursed by the College. All Kalamazoo College presidents from Hoben through Weimer K. Hicks lived there. This was the first of many buildings on campus designed by Aymar Embury. In October 1978, the L. Lee Stryker Center moved into the renovated building and in 1985, a 3000-square-foot addition, named in honor of Burton Upjohn, was built. The photographer is unknown.
Showing items related by title, author, creator and subject.
Unknown (1930)A photographic postcard signed by Kalamazoo College President Allan Hoben. The building is labelled on the back of the postcard as the President's House. The image presumably shows the back elevation of the house, ca 1930.