Show simple item record

dc.contributor.authorSchiavone Studioen_US
dc.coverage.temporal1950-1959en_US
dc.date.accessioned2009-08-28T22:23:13Z
dc.date.available2009-08-28T22:23:13Z
dc.date.issued2009-08-28T22:23:13Z
dc.identifier.otherC26.01.10en_US
dc.identifier.urihttp://hdl.handle.net/10920/10124
dc.description.abstractKalamazoo College's "hutments" in the early 1950s. This photograph shows a row of former Army barracks that were moved to the campus area in 1946 to accommodate veterans attending school and their families. Those in this photograph were located near the corner of Academy Street and West Michigan Avenue, and there were several others in the 1600 and 1700 blocks of West Michigan Avenue. The government gave the hutments to the College in 1948, and those shown here were removed in about 1953. The Stetson Chapel tower is in the background. This photograph was taken by J. D. Schiavone, but the negative number and exact date were not noted.en_US
dc.publisherKalamazoo Collegeen_US
dc.relation.ispartofKalamazoo College Archives Photograph Collectionen_US
dc.rightsU.S. copyright laws protect this digital image. Commercial use or distribution of the image is not permitted without prior written permission of the copyright holder.en_US
dc.subjectFacilities - Married Student Housing (Hutments)en_US
dc.subject.lcshKalamazoo College -- Facilitiesen_US
dc.subject.lcshKalamazoo College. Married Student Housingen_US
dc.titleKalamazoo College Hutmentsen_US
dc.typeImageen_US


Files in this item

Thumbnail
Thumbnail

This item appears in the following Collection(s)

Show simple item record