Show simple item record

dc.contributor.authorUnknownen_US
dc.coverage.temporal1900-1909en_US
dc.date.accessioned2009-08-28T22:06:29Z
dc.date.available2009-08-28T22:06:29Z
dc.date.issued1901en_US
dc.identifier.otherC05.03.02en_US
dc.identifier.urihttp://hdl.handle.net/10920/10082
dc.description.abstractThe cornerstone of Bowen Hall, dated 1901, the year construction began. Bowen Hall was dedicated at Commencement in June, 1902, and served as the College's main classroom building for over half a century. It was named for Charles Clark Bowen, longtime chairman of the Board of Trustees and the College's largest benefactor up to that time. The building housed science laboratories on the lower level; the President's office and lecture rooms on the first floor; the library, eight classrooms and faculty offices on the second floor; and the chapel, YMCA, and YWCA rooms on the top floor. It was located at the southeast corner of the campus quadrangle, where Hicks Center and its south parking lot now sit. The library moved to the new Mandelle Hall in 1930. With the completion of Dewing Hall in 1968 and the renovation of Mandelle into administrative offices, Bowen Hall was no longer the center of College academic life. The building was demolished early in 1969. The photographer is not identified.en_US
dc.publisherKalamazoo Collegeen_US
dc.relation.ispartofKalamazoo College Archives Photograph Collectionen_US
dc.rightsU.S. copyright laws protect this digital image. Commercial use or distribution of the image is not permitted without prior written permission of the copyright holder.en_US
dc.subjectFacilities - Bowen Hallen_US
dc.subject.lcshKalamazoo College -- Facilitiesen_US
dc.subject.lcshKalamazoo College. Bowen Hall.en_US
dc.subject.lcshCornerstone laying.en_US
dc.titleKalamazoo College Bowen Hall Cornerstoneen_US
dc.typeImageen_US


Files in this item

Thumbnail
Thumbnail

This item appears in the following Collection(s)

Show simple item record