Kalamazoo College Stowe Stadium Dedication, 1946
MetadataShow full item record
Dedication ceremonies for Stowe Tennis Stadium at Kalamazoo College, August 3, 1946. The new facilities, built at a cost of about $50,000, included nine tournament-quality clay courts and a stadium. Although the College's five old courts had been resurfaced in 1941, they still did not prove adequate to handle the interest in the sport that was generated under the leadership of Dr. Allen Stowe. Stowe, who graduated from Kalamazoo College in 1920 and returned in 1928 as a professor of Chemistry, also served as tennis coach. Dr. Stowe played a significant role in the 1943 relocation of the National Junior and Boys' Tennis Championships (now USTA Boys' Nationals) to the College. This view is to the southwest. The Gazette photographer is not identified.
- Photographs 
- Stowe Tennis Stadium 
Showing items related by title, author, creator and subject.
15. Kalamazoo College, Kalamazoo, Mich. Hamm, Harry H., Toledo, Ohio. (Kalamazoo College, 1919)Color postcard of Bowen Hall, Kalamazoo College. Williams or Upper Hall is visible at the far right. The card is postmarked September 24, 1919.
Kalamazoo College, Kalamazoo, Mich. A. C. Bosselman & Co., New York (Kalamazoo College, 1907)Color postcard showing the Kalamazoo College campus in about 1907. At left is Bowen Hall; at right is Williams Hall, also known as Upper Hall. The card is postmarked August 15, 1907.
Kalamazoo College, Kalamazoo, Mich. Souvenir Post Card Co., New York. (Kalamazoo College, 1906)Postcard showing the Kalamazoo College campus in about 1906. At left is Bowen Hall; at right is Williams Hall, also known as Upper Hall. The card is postmarked September 5, 1906.