Show simple item record

dc.contributor.authorMorgan, Ward C.en_US
dc.coverage.temporal1950-1959en_US
dc.date.accessioned2009-08-28T21:51:28Z
dc.date.available2009-08-28T21:51:28Z
dc.date.issued1954en_US
dc.identifier.otherC44.02.05ben_US
dc.identifier.urihttp://hdl.handle.net/10920/10025
dc.description.abstractAn exterior view of Welles Hall in 1954. Kalamazoo College's dining services and student union have been located on the south side of the campus quadrangle since the construction of Welles Dining Hall in 1939-1940. Welles, which first opened for use in January 1940, was built with a bequest from F. R. Welles (1854-1935), a telecommunications executive who had never seen the campus. He was a friend of President Slocum and had been sending gifts for the library for over 40 years. In 1970, major additions to Welles Hall, intended to create more of a "College Union" facility, were completed. This addition, which more than doubled the space of Welles, was soon renamed the Hicks Center in honor of President Weimer K. Hicks, who retired in 1971. This is Ward Morgan negative no. 6174-3.en_US
dc.publisherKalamazoo Collegeen_US
dc.relation.ispartofKalamazoo College Archives Photograph Collectionen_US
dc.rightsU.S. copyright laws protect this digital image. Commercial use or distribution of the image is not permitted without prior written permission of the copyright holder.en_US
dc.subjectFacilities - Welles Hallen_US
dc.subject.lcshKalamazoo College -- Facilitiesen_US
dc.subject.lcshKalamazoo College. Welles Hall.en_US
dc.titleKalamazoo College Welles Hallen_US
dc.typeImageen_US


Files in this item

Thumbnail
Thumbnail

This item appears in the following Collection(s)

Show simple item record