Show simple item record

dc.contributor.authorMorgan, Ward C.en_US
dc.coverage.temporal1950-1959en_US
dc.date.accessioned2009-08-28T21:51:24Z
dc.date.available2009-08-28T21:51:24Z
dc.date.issued1953en_US
dc.identifier.otherC41.03.09aen_US
dc.identifier.urihttp://hdl.handle.net/10920/10024
dc.description.abstractAn exterior view of Kalamazoo College's Trowbridge Hall in 1953. One of the oldest buildings on campus as of 2009, Mary Trowbridge Hall was first occupied in Fall, 1925. As with Wheaton Lodge, an earlier hall for women, funds for the building were largely raised by Baptist women’s groups across the state. Mary Trowbridge, for whom the building was named, was a former student, a leader among Baptist women in Michigan, and the wife of a college trustee. The original building, designed by Albert Kahn, was added on to in 1939 and again in 1957. The 1939 addition was when the phrase "The End of Learning is Gracious Living" was engraved on a plaque near the southeast corner of the building. The original structure housed the College's first dining hall in the basement. It was used for all residential students until the construction of Welles Hall in 1940. This is Ward Morgan negative no. 5810-1.en_US
dc.publisherKalamazoo Collegeen_US
dc.relation.ispartofKalamazoo College Archives Photograph Collectionen_US
dc.rightsU.S. copyright laws protect this digital image. Commercial use or distribution of the image is not permitted without prior written permission of the copyright holder.en_US
dc.subjectFacilities - Trowbridge Hallen_US
dc.subject.lcshKalamazoo College -- Facilitiesen_US
dc.subject.lcshKalamazoo College. Trowbridge Hallen_US
dc.subject.lcshDormitoriesen_US
dc.titleKalamazoo College Trowbridge Hallen_US
dc.typeImageen_US


Files in this item

Thumbnail
Thumbnail

This item appears in the following Collection(s)

Show simple item record