Kalamazoo College's Mirror Lake, a somewhat stagnant pond between the campus hill and the athletic fields. The photograph was taken from a dorm window in Williams (Upper) Hall in 1908 by an unnamed photographer. Mirror Lake was filled in by 1925. This photograph is from the collection of Paul N. Johnson, Class of 1913.
A tug-of-war in Mirror Lake, which was located at the bottom of the Kalamazoo College campus hill. The people pictured are not identified; they are likely students and College faculty or staff, and perhaps some town citizens. Mirror Lake was filled in by 1925. The photographer is also not identified.